Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Almost half way through tour....

Hot Springs in Glenwood Springs, CO
Hey Everyone! I am sorry it has been so long since I have blogged. We have been busy busy the past couple months. Let's see where have I been lately..

Glenwood Springs, Colorado; Hollywood/LA, California; Moab, Utah; Sequoia national Park, California;  Portland, Oregon; San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado....
Wow! I am one lucky girl. I am truly blessed for this journey and all the amazing family and friends who have supported me along the way! So, Thank you!!


Above, you see a picture of the Hot Springs in Glenwood, CO. This place was so cool, it is a man-made hot spring with mineral water.



Colorado River


Tres leche Muffin and Horchata Latte
 There is this little Coffee shop in Huntington  Park, CA near LA. It has thee best Tres Leche Muffin and Coffee Ever! So if you are ever in the area or see one, you definitely have to try it! 
What is Tres Leche and Horchata? -is a sponge cake—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milkevaporated milkcondensed milk, and heavy cream
Horchata is basically a Cinnamon Milk Coffee. Yummm!




We climbed up 400 steps to get to the top.


Sequoia Trees are Enormous!


The two pictures to my left are at the Sequoia National Park in California. One of the most unique places we have been to so far. I never knew trees this big even existed, or that they grew to be so over 2,000 years old.


NFL Rookie Premiere at UCLA Campus
Kentucky Derby Party!


We were lucky enough to work the NFL Rookie Premiere at the UCLA Campus in May. Celebrities like Rudy, Mario, Jesse Palmer, Hall of Famer Warren Moon; former Super Bowl champions Roger Craig, Willie McGinest (USC), Terrell Davis, Steve Bono (UCLA) and Ryan Nece (UCLA) and more..


We were also able to work at Denver's Kentucky Derby Party, which is the 2nd largest Kentucky Derby party next to the actual Kentucky Derby. It was fun to see everyone dressed up in their "Derby" attire!
















We saw Mt. Shasta in Oregon on our way to Crater Lake






























Sergio's Surprise: On our drive to Portland, OR, Sergio surprised Erin and I with a visit to Crater Lake, OR. Crater Lake is 1,943 feet deep, which makes it the deepest lake in the United States, 9th deepest in the world. -Formed 7,700 years ago during the violent climactic eruptions and subsequent collapse of Mount Mazama and the relatively moist climate that is typical of the crest of the Cascade Range. Literally takes you breath away how beautiful and calm and blue the water is.






 Another Surprise...


Proxy Falls, Oregon
Proxy Falls, Oregon




Little did when know...our real surprise were the Waterfalls in Oregon. 
Including Proxy Falls and Sahalie Falls in Willamette National Forest.




Sahalie Falls, Oregon




Childhood Memories:
I was lucky enough to relive some more childhood memories from my families trip out west. Sergio, Erin and I stopped in Moab, Utah to see the Arches National Park. Again, a very beautiful place. I remember seeing picture of my Grandpa and I infront of the Balancing rock(as you see below, bottom left). We hiked 3 miles to see the Delicate Arch(bottom right). Wonderful Time!





Hollywood, California...
Sergio, Erin, and I spent a day being tourists in downtown Hollywood. We walked up and down Hollywood Boulevard. On that same day we got to see the operation of a movie premiere. We saw the red carpet premiere for "What to expect, when your'e Expecting" Celebrity citing includes: Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Matthew Morrison, and more.

Movie Premiere in Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Boulevard
San Francisco... So much to do so little time. While we were there for a couple days we were able to see the Golden Gate Bridge and check out the famous Lombard street. We also got to see the famous Sea Lions that hang out around the pier.


Erin and I in front of the Golden Gate Bridge


Pier in San Francisco





Back to rockies... The Colorado Rockies that is :-) While in denver were able to attend a Colorado Rockies game. If I can't see my cubbies, at least I get to see A baseball game! 








Colarado Rockies Game at Coors Field


Best activity of tour thus far... ATV Tour in Telluride, CO. We got to ride for two and half hours around the countryside of Colorado, talk about beautiful!



ATV Tour in Telluride, CO




SOOOO Happy I got to come home to see my family, especially this man below, my Grandpa Trine who turned 90 years old June 12! And let's not forget my wonderful Grandma who turned 89 the week before. Although I was only home for a short time, it was well worth it to be with my all my family to celebrate his birthday. 


My Grandpa and I


Grandpa and his Grandchildren


Grandma and Grandpa Trine


































I am currently in Phoenix, AZ. onto California NEXT.... LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment