Friday, May 4, 2012

2 month mark


Crazy to think I am already at the two month mark of this journey. Crazy to think of all the places I have already been  in these two short months. I am still loving the experience thus far, only negative is being away from family friends. I believe two months is the longest I have ever been away from home. :) But, I think I am finally starting to settle into this "gypsy" lifestyle...

After Colorado, our team and Sergio's brother Carlos headed to Las Vegas for a couple days. Carlos flew out to Colorado to help us with a few events as our temp staff. If you have not stayed in the Palms already, I definitely recommend it. We spent our days by the pool relaxing and by night looking at one of the best views of the strip on the top of a Ghostbar Nightclub(as you see below)
Las Vegas, NV

After spending 2 weeks with Sergio's brother, Carlos in Colorado, we sadly had to say good-bye to him in Las Vegas. Our next adventure started in Long Beach, California where we worked a IndyCar race. Although I did not get to see much of the race, it was super fun to be at the event all weekend. We will be working a couple more races in California in the future, including the championship race in Fontana, CA I believe. An added bonus to the weekend was that our sponsored Driver for Verizon Wireless,Will Power won the race on Sunday!
Me and Will Power's cut out
IndyCar Race in Long Beach, CA













 After the race that weekend, we got to enjoy Venice Beach and Hermosa Beach. Sergio and Erin went rollerblading on the boardwalk and I rented a bike!!





Sergio and Erin Rollerblading
Biking in Hermosa Beach, CA
Hermosa Beach, CA


Venice Beach, CA



One of the coolest places we went while in California was to the Los Angeles Observatory, where you can get a good view of the Hollywood sign. We got there just in time for the sunset as well, so so pretty!

LA Observatory
Sunset at the LA Observatory




I was so happy that we were able to go back to Sedona, Arizona and visit Slide Rock Park. Last time we were driving through, the Park was closed. I was able to re-live my childhood and slide down the rocks again!  Below you can see a NOW & THEN Collage...



While we were in Arizona, we worked a PRIDE Parade and Festival. I was happy to have my friend David Dotson work with us this weekend. David went to Southern Illinois University Carbondale with me and now lives in Phoenix, Arizona. He also took us out to a cool bar that had life size Jenga then another with life size Connect Four! 



Portland, Oregon...
I have been very excited to visit Portland because I have heard so many good things about it. Unfortunately we didn't have the best weather while we were there, so we are definitely coming back.

 Here are some of our Highlights:

Eat Mobile event we worked, where we got to eat free food from all the food trucks, best job ever!!

Voodoo Donuts is very popular in this area, and I now I can see why!

Photo Compliments of Erin


We happened to venture off the highway and found this beautiful spot in Oregon.

Photo Compliments of Erin
Favorite picture of our SUV and Trailer so far. Sedona, Arizona



Sorry for the short blog. Promise more details next time. Love you all!
Next stop California again!! :-)






1 comment:

  1. Sarah, it looks like you are having a fabulous time! Enjoy every minute of it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete