Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Beginning...


Hey Ya'll


Happy Easter!! I never would have thought I would be spending Easter Sunday in a Colorado Community Church full of people I didn't know. Boy, was that an eye opener of things I will miss that are yet to come. Blessed be the Lord for this wonderful opportunity I have been given. I am so grateful for the time I have had on the road thus far.


Sorry I am just now writing you all about my Journey. I knew I would be busy but not THIS busy :-) Let's see, where to start...

First off, let me introduce my teammates Erin and Sergio. Erin(22) grew up in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Like me, she also graduated last May, only from University of Wisconsin. Prior to the tour, Erin was Interning at Marketing Werks for about 4 months, while living in Chicago. Sergio(25) is originally from Columbia, but has lived in Greenville, South Carolina since he was 5 years old. This is his 3rd Verizon Wireless Tour for Marketing Werks. 

My Team & Our Ride for the next 8 months:



After leaving New Berlin, Wisconsin(where we had all of our vehicle training) I got to stop at home on our way to Phoenix, AZ mainly because I already had to drop off some excess baggage from over packing haha. Even though it had only been a week, I was super happy to see my parents again. Then I thought... This is going to be a long 9 months :). Our first adventure was 30 hours to Phoenix in 3 days, what a way to break us into the job. Each day started at about 7am and ended around 10pm, passing out in hotels and waking up to continental breakfast! My teammates say I will get sick of the "powdered" eggs and bacon, but I have yet to prove them right.

On our way to Arizona, we got to drive through Sedona and what a beautiful drive it was! Everywhere you turn, something took your breath away. Come to find out later than night, my dad tells me how I am related to the woman, whom this town is named after. Now we all know I was probably told this sometime ago, when I actually went here with my family around age 10. But unfortunately my memory likes to fail me continuously. :-) Long story short, my great Aunts husbands mother was named Sedona Schnebly! What a beautiful scenery to be named after!Check out more information http://www.visitsedona.com/article/82

 





Our first event was in Tempe, AZ at St. Patrick's Day Festival with the band Flogging Molly. I was most sad I didn't get to see any Spring Training games while I was there. As the Cubbies say "Maybe next Year" :-) While leaving Arizona we ran into an unexpected snow flurry, so naturally we thought it would be a great to stop and take pictures outside  ha ha.
Flagstaff, AZ
Flagstaff, AZ











Next Stop, Dallas, TX for a Latina Style Conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Unfortunately, this trip didn't allow us to have much fun, since we had to wake up at 4:30 am for our one day event. The Highlight was definitely when got to go to a Go Kart track called SpeedZone. After being in Dallas for only few days, we were onto Denver, CO. After 3 weeks of straight working and driving, we finally got a day off, 4 days to be exact. Our days in Denver were spent relaxing at the hotel, shopping, went to Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater, ate at some cool places, and met new friends through Sergio. 




Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater

Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater
Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater















 We are currently about to finish up our Colorado Adventure at Copper Mountain. In the past couple weeks we have had events at Echo Mountain and Copper Mountain Resort, both not far from Denver, CO. It has been a busy couple weeks, but we still managed to find some fun, including Mountain Biking.. I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it up the first hill ha ha :-) 







Below is the View at our event site at Echo Mountain in Evergreen, CO:








Our event at Copper Mountain Resort was near Frisco and Breckenridge, CO. Breckenridge is very cool city, I definitely wouldn't mind going back to. Unfortunately, I am still not ready to face the slopes after my past two knee surgeries. So I decided to do some exploring and get my hair done on my days off while the others snowboarded. ha ha


Copper Mountain Resort

More exploring...





My Explore Day while they were snowboarding


And last but not least, my buddy Buster who we saw everyday on the mountain!


My Buddy Buster (the horse) 170 lb Mastiff



   Next Stop... Long beach, California!!

No comments:

Post a Comment